The type of content we consume is changing. Everyone wants to capture those “in-the-moment” conversations. Today, the best stories are being told through live-streaming video. Live streaming isn’t new, but its accessibility to the masses through social media is. Anyone can become a live broadcaster: Just pick up your phone, aim the camera at your subject, and live-stream your video through Facebook Live, Periscope, or Blab. Within seconds you can simultaneously educate and engage your audience, and create awareness. Instant. Accessible. Game-changing.
Over the last year, I’ve worked with many social influencers who are experts at live streaming. I learned quite a bit and plunged head first into producing live-steaming video content during Super Bowl 50 with an event called #SB50Disrupt. Now I’m heading to Orlando for SAPPHIRE NOW, the annual SAP user conference, to produce ChatLive. Business and IT executives will converge at this event to learn about new SAP products and the company’s roadmap. ChatLive will enable us to reach a significantly larger audience by broadcasting social discussions live from the show floor. We’ll tell stories of how companies are transforming their businesses and bring the live digital experience of this conference to your desktop or mobile device. Here are the five ways we are going to use live-streaming video at this event:
- Social amplification: Use social influencers to amplify your content. Engage with our incredible lineup of social influencers as they host our ChatLive shows. Watch Dan Newman, Brian Fanzo, Dion Hinchcliffe, Michael Krigsman, Maribel Lopez, Eric Kavanagh, Dana Gardner, Kevin Benedict, and many more as they reach hundreds of thousands of additional viewers.
- Panel discussions: Enhance the experience by live streaming a panel of experts discussing various topics. We’ll be able to go more in-depth with customers, thought leaders, SAP executives, and analysts about HR, IT, LoB, IoT, and small business topics and allow our virtual audience to engage and interact – live.
- Roving reporters: Provide “snackable” five- to 10-minute interviews about the day’s activities. Get a quick take on the keynote. Engage with an SAP executive. And bring instant access to the show floor.
- Demos: Show how to use a product. A myriad of demo stations will be set up on the show floor. Our roving reporters will show our audience how these products work, which will improve our customers’ experiences.
- Behind the scenes: What is it really like before or after a keynote? What types of conversations do people have on the show floor? Find out when we live-stream these snack-size shows.
Live-streaming video is changing how stories are being told. When you attend an event how will you tell the story of your experience? If you are interested in checking out ChatLive, join us virtually May 17-19 by following our social channels. Take this unique opportunity to engage with our community – in real time, from anywhere in the world.